Sunday, July 29, 2012

ACMI Chiptunes Workshop

Had a great day at the Chiptunes workshop down at ACMI.  It was a quick introduction to making music on the Gameboy with "Little Sound DJ" (LSDJ).  Very informative in a short amount of time!


Thanks to the presenters and mentors: (L-R) Dot AY, Derris-Kharlan and cTrix!


There was quite a bit to learn in a short time, and I only got about 20 minutes to actually put a song into the program, but it was fun, and now I want one of my own!

Here's the little song I managed to make in the time.  It's really just a short pattern that I was tweaking on the fly...  

Listen to Muzboz Lightning...

or download Muzboz Lightning.mp3 (2mb)

I used to make tracker songs on the Amiga in a program called "Sound Tracker", so the basic approach was familiar.  I'd quite like to make my own original soundtrack to one of my games, entire using the Gameboy!  
Anyone got an old Gameboy they want to donate to the cause?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment